I’ll be speaking on the topic of “Exile in the Bible” at Nexus16, alongside Kanishka Raffel, Phil Colgan and others. Here’s a video about it:
Publications by Lionel Windsor:
Recent blog posts
- Living light (Ephesians 5:11–14)October 16, 2019How should Christians relate to the world around us? Should we withdraw, or should we engage? How do we know which action to do when?
- The test that matters (Ephesians 5:10)October 9, 2019We live in a world full of tests and measurements. Believers in Christ should also test our lives. But when we do, we need to use the right standard.
- Children of light (Ephesians 5:8–9)October 2, 2019Believers in Christ have had their very identity changed: once darkness like the world, but now light. The challenge is to believe it, and to live it.
- What do you want to become? (Ephesians 5:5–7)September 25, 2019Our dreams drive our daily actions. In 5, 10, 20 years, what will you have become? Living in grace as an imitator of God, or a partner with the world?
- Holy talk (Ephesians 5:3–4)September 18, 2019Often we try to fit in with others by the way we speak. But God calls believers to be holy, not filthy, in our speech, even if it sounds strange to others.
- Imitators of God (Ephesians 5:1–2)September 11, 2019Christians are God’s dearly loved children, raised from death to life and secure with him, now and forever. This is what gives us the power to sacrifice.
- Preaching sermons and shepherding the flock: What’s the connection?September 9, 2019Lionel Windsor | 2 Feb 2015 | Priscilla and Aquila Conference | Moore College, Sydney I’m here republishing my 2015 paper, which originally appeared as a PDF and video. See here for more on the
- The Amazon Fires: A Gospel ResponseSeptember 6, 2019Unprecedented numbers of fires are now burning in the Amazon rainforest. How can the gospel of Jesus Christ be brought to bear on the situation?
- The Victory of the CrossSeptember 5, 2019According to the Bible, Jesus’ death on the cross is God’s victory and triumph—a victory and triumph Christ shares with all who trust in him... (Audio)
- The power of forgiveness (Ephesians 4:31–32)September 4, 2019Believers are to forgive, as God has forgiven us. Forgiveness is not only possible for believers, it’s also powerful for our lives and relationships.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Christian living Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Forgiveness Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sanctification Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah