“Culture shock is what happens when you move from one culture to another, and all your ways of dealing with the world become compromised by the changes you’re going through… That’s complicated and it’s exhausting. And that’s what everyone is going through right now. We have new ways of greeting people, we have new languages, new modes of communication…” Simon and Margie Gillham are former missionaries with the Church Missionary Society. Simon is now the head of the Department of Mission at Moore College, and Margie is a Mission Development Facilitator for the Church Missionary Society. They have a great deal of experience in helping missionaries adjust to culture shock. They shared with me their thoughts and experiences, with many practical tips for how to adjust to the “new normal” that has been brought about by measures to contain the Covid-19 virus.
Publications by Lionel Windsor:
Recent blog posts
- What can we learn about prayer from Ephesians?September 7, 2020Prayer: What are you doing when you pray? Who are you praying to? Why does it matter? Here are three reflections on prayer from my series on Paul's letter to the Ephesians. #liftyoureyes
- Salvation in EphesiansSeptember 1, 2020Here are the key reflections on the topic of salvation in Ephesians in my series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians
- Who are “the saints” in Ephesians?August 24, 2020Who are "the saints" in Ephesians? Only Jewish believers in Christ? Or all believers in Christ? Here's my answer.
- Ministry and mission in EphesiansAugust 17, 2020Here are the key reflections on the topic of ministry and mission in Ephesians in my series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians
- The doctrine of God in EphesiansAugust 7, 2020Here are the key reflections on the topic of The doctrine of God in Ephesians in my series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians
- Humility in Ministry #3 (Romans 11)August 5, 2020God achieves his purposes through the gospel—with you and without you. A sermon on Romans 11 at Moore College chapel.
- Humility in Ministry #2 (Romans 10)July 30, 2020Since the gospel is about believing not achieving, Christian ministry is about speaking not achieving. A sermon on Romans 10 at Moore College chapel.
- John MacArthur and “Giving to Caesar”July 28, 2020Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, led by John Macarthur, held a meeting of thousands in the midst of Covid-19 restrictions. We discuss the decision.
- Think theologically: Your church’s relaunch (Lionel Windsor, Mikey Lynch, Andrew Heard)July 28, 2020As Covid-19 restrictions begin to ease, I join Mikey Lynch and Andrew Heard to discuss theological considerations about relaunching church.
- Jew and Gentile in EphesiansJuly 17, 2020Here are the key reflections on the topic of Jew and Gentile in Ephesians in my series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology Christian living Church Church History Covenant covid-19 Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General Genesis GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah