Welcome to Forget the Channel … My personal website with resources and tools to help you better understand the Bible.
Recent blog posts
- God’s judgment and compassion in Jeremiah, with Andrew Shead @ Moore CollegeApril 3, 2020What does it mean for God to be judge? How does this square with God's compassion? Jeremiah gives us a rich, multi-dimensional view of God.
- Moore College, open for business: Joys and challenges during Covid-19, with Principal Mark ThompsonApril 2, 2020Principal of Moore College, Mark Thompson, talks about how the College is faring in this season of Covid-19 restrictions.
- Domestic abuse and social isolation: how Christians can help the vulnerable, with Louise Cunningham @ Moore CollegeApril 1, 2020The serious problem of domestic abuse in our community is exacerbated by Covid-19 social isolation restrictions. How can Christian communities help?
- Join the Windsors – videos from March 2020April 1, 2020During the Covid-19 restrictions, we've been sharing video of our family meals, as one little way to care for people who are feeling a bit isolated.
- Thinking rightly about the Apocalypse, with David Höhne @ Moore CollegeMarch 31, 2020The current global pandemic is prompting apocalyptic thoughts. David Höhne at Moore College speaks about the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse".
- Gentleness: a crucial virtue in stressful times, with Peter Orr @ Moore CollegeMarch 30, 2020An in-depth discussion with Moore College lecturer Dr Peter Orr about the virtue of gentleness—a crucial virtue in these stressful times.
- Culture shock: Why everyone’s feeling it, and how to cope, with Margie and Simon Gillham @ Moore CollegeMarch 24, 2020Margie and Simon Gillham are experienced in helping missionaries adjust to culture shock. They share tips to help us all adjust to the "new normal" brought about by Covid-19
- Emotional wellbeing in crazy times, with Paul Grimmond @ Moore CollegeMarch 23, 2020Paul Grimmond, Dean of Students at Moore College, speaks about how the gospel helps us to identify and process our emotions in times of tumultuous change.
- Join the Windsors for coffee – and an invitation to churchMarch 22, 2020Join the Windsors for coffee - and an invitation to church at 6pm this evening at neutralbay.church
- What is church when we can’t gather? Thinking theologically with Dr Chase KuhnMarch 20, 2020Recent Covid-19 measures have had a deep impact on our churches. This is a time to think deeply, theologically and practically about biblical principles.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Christian living Church Church History Covenant covid-19 Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah