A link to the PowerPoint for the paper I am giving today at the Moore College Justification Summit
Recent blog posts
- Translation of EphesiansJanuary 29, 2020This is the complete translation of the Apostle Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians for the series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians.
- Reading Ephesians (Ephesians 6:21–24)January 22, 2020Paul’s closing greeting in Ephesians is a good opportunity to summarise what the letter is all about and to remember why it’s worth reading and reflecting on it.
- Prayer: the heart of evangelism (Ephesians 6:17–20)January 15, 2020One of the best things we can pray for is that the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ will go out to the world, both through us and through others.
- The importance of being a struggling Christian (Ephesians 6:14–16)January 8, 2020Do you ever feel like the Christian life is a struggle? Struggling is normal for Christians. In fact, it’s not just normal. Christians should be struggling!
- Stand your ground (Ephesians 6:10–13)January 1, 2020It’s easy to ignore the spiritual realities of life. But Paul reminds us we should live our ordinary, everyday lives in light of spiritual realities.
- The gospel for the boss (Ephesians 6:9)December 25, 2019Authority implies responsibility. Christians, who have a heavenly Lord and Saviour, have a special reason to be responsible in the way we use our authority.
- The gospel: beyond freedom (Ephesians 6:5–8)December 18, 2019What do you do if you find yourself in a situation of limited economic freedom? Paul shows how that situation can be transformed by the gospel.
- The gospel and fatherhood (Ephesians 6:4)December 11, 2019Fathers: Do you sometimes wish your children were born with an instruction manual? Being a dad is a big responsibility. Paul here provides valuable direction.
- Paul the Apostle does children’s ministry (Ephesians 6:1–3)December 4, 2019Children’s ministry is important. Paul’s short instruction to children is deeply soaked in theology, biblical theology, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The gospel and marriage part 2: Husbands (Ephesians 5:25–33)November 27, 2019The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches husbands to take initiative to love and give themselves to their wives. This radical teaching involves both actions and attitudes.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Christian living Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Forgiveness Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sanctification Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah