My book Paul and the Vocation of Israel has been aligned with the “Paul within Judaism” perspective. Does it fit in this perspective?
Recent blog posts
- God: Beyond us—and with us (Ephesians 3:20–21)May 21, 2019God is nothing like the Elf on the Shelf. God’s power is far beyond us. Yet God’s power is at work in us. So God’s glory is our joyful goal.
- When education is not the answer (Romans 2:17–27)May 17, 2019When education is not the answer (Romans 2:17–27). Amongst all the pragmatics & demands & struggles of ministry, you first need to know the why of ministry. You need deep and strong theology, and to apply that theology to your life & ministry.
- This is huge (Ephesians 3:18–19)May 17, 2019God’s plans for his world, and his love for us in Christ, are vast and awe-inspiring. They change everything. That’s why need prayer to grasp them.
- Where does God live? (Ephesians 3:16–17)May 14, 2019Can God’s presence be with us? If so, how? In bread and wine? In a tangible experience of worship? In Ephesians, Paul speaks about how Christ dwells among us.
- Who are you praying to? (Ephesians 3:14–15)May 10, 2019Most people pray. But not everyone prays in the same way. Your view of God will have a profound effect on your prayer life. Who are you praying to?
- With Israel Folau (repost)May 9, 2019Given the current controversy surrounding Israel Folau's social media post, a piece I wrote for the ABC News website has again become highly topical.
- My afflictions, your glory (Ephesians 3:12–13)May 7, 2019We can react to suffering by avoiding or escaping or denying or rationalising it. For Paul, the gospel of Christ leads to a profoundly different reaction.
- God’s multidimensional wisdom (Ephesians 3:9–11)May 3, 2019Do you think being a Christian is boring? If so, maybe your view of God is one-dimensional. But Paul sees God and his purposes in vivid multidimensional glory.
- The meaning of ministry (Ephesians 3:7–8)April 30, 2019Christian ministry is hard. So why be involved at all? Pragmatics and techniques alone can’t answer that question. We need to know the meaning of ministry.
- The open secret (Ephesians 3:4–6)April 26, 2019How can we know God’s will? Some try to see God’s will in the progress of history. But this is disastrous. God’s will is something we can’t work out by ourselves.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Hebrew Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Laughing on Inside Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah