There is a very strong temptation to measure your ministry by looking at how much people are praising you. This passage teaches us where to look for praise.
Recent blog posts
- Gentleness: a crucial virtue in stressful times, with Peter Orr @ Moore CollegeMarch 30, 2020An in-depth discussion with Moore College lecturer Dr Peter Orr about the virtue of gentleness—a crucial virtue in these stressful times.
- Culture shock: Why everyone’s feeling it, and how to cope, with Margie and Simon Gillham @ Moore CollegeMarch 24, 2020Margie and Simon Gillham are experienced in helping missionaries adjust to culture shock. They share tips to help us all adjust to the "new normal" brought about by Covid-19
- Emotional wellbeing in crazy times, with Paul Grimmond @ Moore CollegeMarch 23, 2020Paul Grimmond, Dean of Students at Moore College, speaks about how the gospel helps us to identify and process our emotions in times of tumultuous change.
- Join the Windsors for coffee – and an invitation to churchMarch 22, 2020Join the Windsors for coffee - and an invitation to church at 6pm this evening at neutralbay.church
- What is church when we can’t gather? Thinking theologically with Dr Chase KuhnMarch 20, 2020Recent Covid-19 measures have had a deep impact on our churches. This is a time to think deeply, theologically and practically about biblical principles.
- Hope in the sadness when your world is changingMarch 19, 2020I applied for a refund for my plane ticket to the UK tonight. I was due to leave in 10 days. And that was really difficult...
- Isolation and Christian Love – with Dan WuMarch 18, 2020I spoke with my colleague at Moore College, Dan Wu, thinking about how Christians might display love towards others in an age of necessary isolation.
- Join the Windsor Family for dinnerMarch 17, 2020Lots of people are isolated right now, so we thought we'd share a meal (virtually). We also talk about the effect of Covid-19 on our lives.
- Christian: speak the gospel… onlineMarch 16, 2020As so many people are isolated, alone, and frightened, Christians can still share our living hope online. Here's some resources (book + video) to help you.
- Finding security in an insecure worldMarch 15, 2020As efforts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic ramp up, we are yet again faced with the reality of how fragile and uncertain our lives and communities are. Do you feel secure? Here is a passage from the Bible that speaks directly to this question.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Christian living Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sanctification Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah