Most people pray. But not everyone prays in the same way. Your view of God will have a profound effect on your prayer life. Who are you praying to?
Recent blog posts
- Holy talk (Ephesians 5:3–4)September 18, 2019Often we try to fit in with others by the way we speak. But God calls believers to be holy, not filthy, in our speech, even if it sounds strange to others.
- Imitators of God (Ephesians 5:1–2)September 11, 2019Christians are God’s dearly loved children, raised from death to life and secure with him, now and forever. This is what gives us the power to sacrifice.
- Preaching sermons and shepherding the flock: What’s the connection?September 9, 2019Lionel Windsor | 2 Feb 2015 | Priscilla and Aquila Conference | Moore College, Sydney I’m here republishing my 2015 paper, which originally appeared as a PDF and video. See here for more on the
- The Amazon Fires: A Gospel ResponseSeptember 6, 2019Unprecedented numbers of fires are now burning in the Amazon rainforest. How can the gospel of Jesus Christ be brought to bear on the situation?
- The Victory of the CrossSeptember 5, 2019According to the Bible, Jesus’ death on the cross is God’s victory and triumph—a victory and triumph Christ shares with all who trust in him... (Audio)
- The power of forgiveness (Ephesians 4:31–32)September 4, 2019Believers are to forgive, as God has forgiven us. Forgiveness is not only possible for believers, it’s also powerful for our lives and relationships.
- Words with purpose (Ephesians 4:29–30)August 28, 2019Christians have a whole new reason to speak. Instead of rotten words or selfish words, we are to speak good words: word that build and give grace.
- The gospel for criminals (Ephesians 4:28)August 21, 2019Paul preaches the gospel to thieves. God’s grace gives us a new identity. That means we have work to do: not so we can take, but so we can give.
- Grace and anger (Ephesians 4:26–27)August 14, 2019Whether our anger is right or wrong, we can’t deny it’s there. But because we belong to Christ, we must make it a priority to deal with anger. How?
- Is God Green? Audio/video linksAugust 12, 2019Here are some links to audio and video for events I've spoken at recently based on my book: Is God Green?
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Forgiveness Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Hebrew Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sanctification Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah