There’s a nervousness among reformed evangelical complementarians about preaching any of the New Testament gender passages, but particularly 1 Corinthians 11:2-16, where the issue of head is discussed. This passage is much debated in theological literature, but it seems it isn’t taught much on in our churches.
Recent blog posts
- Who is Jesus for?Who are the right kind of people according to Jesus? Is Jesus just for one kind of person in our world: Christians versus everyone else? Is Jesus for you?
- The formation of gentile Christ-believing identity vis-à-vis Israel in Ephesians and BarnabasArticle in the journal Biblica et Patristica Thoruniensia. Keywords: Ephesians; Barnabas; Israel; replacement theology; collective memory; ethnic identity
- Is God Green?A short book about what the Bible says about the environment: why the world is in a mess, where it's headed, and what to do about it in the here and now.
- Vale Donald RobinsonFrom SydneyAnglicans: One of the towering figures of Anglicanism in the 20th century and former […]
- Interview with Sydney Anglicans about the War on WasteI was interviewed by SydneyAnglicans.net about the TV series War on Waste: "Our cause should be the gospel, and that gospel will reshape everything"
- Cultural Encounters review of Reading Ephesians and Colossians After SupersessionismMy book Reading Ephesians and Colossians After Supersessionism has been reviewed in the Cultural Encounters Journal (A Journal for the Theology of Culture).
- What is the Lord’s Supper? (and what to do with it)The Lord's Supper: What it is, what it isn't, and what to do with it. A sermon preached at St Augustine's Anglican Church, Neutral Bay.
- A simple way to teach the gospel to children using a puppetA simple and effective puppet format for people who want to get into puppets to teach the gospel.
- Sharing gospel truth in a biblically illiterate worldIncreasingly, people in our world have very little idea of what the Bible says. How can we commend and proclaim biblical truth in these circumstances?
- As I See It (by Leigh Windsor)Leigh Windsor's explanation of the biblical message about Jesus, why it matters and how to respond.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Church Church History Covenant Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General Genesis GoThereFor Greek Hebrew Isaiah Jewish Identity John Justification Laughing on Inside Law Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah