The NEXUS ministry conference is happening on 26 May 2014 at the Village Church, Annandale. I’ve signed up. If you’re involved in evangelical Christian ministry, especially in Sydney, I encourage you to hop over to the website and sign up too.
From the NEXUS conference website:
Nexus is an evangelical ministry conference, based in Sydney but available worldwide through a live webcast. Our aim is to bring together trainees, theology students, teachers and pastors to sharpen one another theologically, to share ideas and encouragement in ministry and to build a partnership of fellow-workers in the task our Lord has given us.
At Nexus, our vision is to have a ministry conference:
- where we are stretched and stimulated biblically and theologically;
- where we sharpen and help each other to translate good theology into everyday ministry practice;
- where we are encouraged and emboldened by the teaching of the Bible and the fellowship of brothers and sisters;
- where trainees, theological students and new graduates can rub shoulders with longer-serving pastors;
- where we aim to keep real life and ministry at the fore and resist the temptations of celebrity-culture and pure pragmatism;
- where the logistics are convenient and inexpensive.
Key features of the program
- A high value one-day conference that maximizes our time together;
- an integrated program of Bible, theology, current issues and practical ministry;
- theologically sharp speakers and contributors who know first-hand the challenges of ministry in Sydney and Australia;
- time for catching up and making new friends;
- time for lunch with other delegates at a wide range of local eateries;
- a sit-down dinner with all the other delegates.
This year’s Nexus conference is happening on Monday May 26th and focuses on mapping the ‘DNA’ of gospel ministry.
- What ministry culture would we want to see in all our churches and fellowships?
- How would we isolate and describe these fundamentals from the Bible?
- How then would these basic principles be put into action and expressed and replicated in all the different contexts in which we serve?
|Morning tea and registration
|Setting the Scene
|Preaching the whole counsel of God: Acts 20:17-38
|Abounding in the work of the Lord: The eschatological priority of gospel work for every Christian
|Lunch – either bring your own or visit one of the many local cafes or eateries
|Isolating the DNA: Does the NT have a theology of ministry?
|What does it look like? Practitioners talk about how the Bible’s ministry DNA drives their practice.
|Peter Sholl, Alison Napier, Dave Sheath, Craig Schafer, David Martin
|Afternoon tea – provided
|Corrupting the Code: How do we lose sight of the basics?
|Controversy Corner: Portfolio pastoring and congregational pastoring – which to choose?
|Peter Bolt, Dave Sheath, Phil Colgan
|Dinner together – provided
|Replication: What the dreaded “training” word really means and why it is essential
|Carl Matthei & Phil Colgan
For more info about the conference and registration, go to the conference website.