The regular sermon, according to key figures from church history including Chrysostom, Augustine, Calvin, Cranmer and Perkins, is the key means by which shepherd-leaders fulfil their responsibility to ensure that the truth of God’s word is guarded, learned and obeyed among their congregations.
Recent blog posts
- Emotional wellbeing in crazy times, with Paul Grimmond @ Moore CollegeApril 9, 2020We’re living in crazy, tumultuous times. Covid-19 is forcing us to make radical changes in our lives, changes which inevitably take an emotional toll on us. I had a chat to Paul Grimmond, Dean of
- “He is risen! He is not here”: Comfort and hope in absence, with Peter Orr @MooreCollegeApril 9, 2020As we are physically absent from one another this Easter, the angel’s words on that first Easter show us a surprising comfort in Jesus' own absence.
- What is church when we can’t gather? Thinking theologically with Chase Kuhn @ Moore CollegeApril 7, 2020Recent measures to curb Covid-19 have had a deep impact on our churches. What is church when we can’t gather?
- Isolation and Christian Love, with Dan Wu @ Moore CollegeApril 6, 2020I spoke with my colleague at Moore College, Dan Wu, thinking about how Christians might display love towards others in an age of necessary isolation.
- What it means for me to be a ChristianApril 6, 2020In this short video I share how I became a Christian, what that means for me today, and how being a Christian has affected my life.
- God’s judgment and compassion in Jeremiah, with Andrew Shead @ Moore CollegeApril 3, 2020What does it mean for God to be judge? How does this square with God's compassion? Jeremiah gives us a rich, multi-dimensional view of God.
- Moore College, open for business: Joys and challenges during Covid-19, with Principal Mark ThompsonApril 2, 2020Principal of Moore College, Mark Thompson, talks about how the College is faring in this season of Covid-19 restrictions.
- Domestic abuse and social isolation: how Christians can help the vulnerable, with Louise Cunningham @ Moore CollegeApril 1, 2020The serious problem of domestic abuse in our community is exacerbated by Covid-19 social isolation restrictions. How can Christian communities help?
- Join the Windsors – videos from March 2020April 1, 2020During the Covid-19 restrictions, we've been sharing video of our family meals, as one little way to care for people who are feeling a bit isolated.
- Thinking rightly about the Apocalypse, with David Höhne @ Moore CollegeMarch 31, 2020The current global pandemic is prompting apocalyptic thoughts. David Höhne at Moore College speaks about the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse".
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology biblical word power Christian living Church Church History Covenant covid-19 Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Galatians General GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom Women Sermons and the Bible wordworks-isaiah