Here are the key reflections on the topic of salvation in Ephesians in my series Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians
- Are you trying to redeem yourself? (Ephesians 1:6b–7)
- The message is the mission (Ephesians 1:13)
- This love (Ephesians 2:4–5)
- Good works and salvation: What’s the connection? (Ephesians 2:8–10)
- Prayer: the heart of evangelism (Ephesians 6:17–20)
The academic details behind these reflections
In this series, I don’t go into detail justifying every statement I make about the background and meaning of Ephesians. I’ve done that elsewhere. If you’re interested in the reasons I say what I say here, and want to chase it up further with lots of ancient Greek, technical stuff, and footnotes, check out my book Reading Ephesians and Colossians After Supersessionism: Christ’s Mission through Israel to the Nations.