Part 4 of a series of videos explaining the results of my research as detailed in an academic article: Lionel J. Windsor, “Obedience and Submission in 1 Peter,” The Global Anglican 136/2 (2022): 126–144.
The original article is available at churchsociety.org
Main headings for Part 4:
- Why does Peter say to submit? Does postcolonial interpretation have the answer?
- Submit to “every human creature”… what?
- An alternative: “human institution”? No.
- Submit and do good, because God is creator of all
- Submit and do good, because God is judge of all
- Submit and do good, because God has redeemed us
- The big ideas that set the scene for what follows (2:17)