Part 6 of a series of videos explaining the results of my research as detailed in an academic article: Lionel J. Windsor, “Obedience and Submission in 1 Peter,” The Global Anglican 136/2 (2022): 126–144.
The original article is available at churchsociety.org
Main headings for Part 6:
- What we’ve seen so far in 1 Peter
- What does “likewise” mean?
- The situation in focus: Husbands who haven’t been persuaded by the gospel
- What does submission look like in this situation?
- Isn’t this just first-century conventional wisdom? No
- The example of Sarah: What’s going on?
- Fearing God and not being intimidated by husbands (abuse is never OK)
- What it means for husbands
If you or someone you know is experiencing, or at risk of experiencing domestic, family or sexual violence, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit www.1800RESPECT.org.au. In an emergency, call 000.