Part 8 (final summary) of a series of videos explaining the results of my research as detailed in an academic article: Lionel J. Windsor, “Obedience and Submission in 1 Peter,” The Global Anglican 136/2 (2022): 126–144.
The original article is available at churchsociety.org
Main headings for this final summary:
- Obedience means “heeding”, which involves a holistic reorientation of life
- Submission means voluntarily placing yourself in various ordered relationships
- Obedience and submission do not imply grudgingly following orders or suppressing your will
- Abuse is not OK. There is nothing commendable about tolerating abuse.
- Questioning postcolonial interpretations
- Applying 1 Peter today
- 1 Peter doesn’t say everything