This book is a critique of a missiological principle that the church today must “prioritize evangelizing Jews over Gentiles”.
Recent blog posts
- Preaching the Pastoral EpistlesFebruary 13, 2021A one-hour audio seminar with principles and ideas for preaching the biblical books 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus ("Pastoral Epistles")
- A Crash Course in Romans: LivestreamJanuary 31, 2021Here's a <90 minute "Crash Course in Romans" I'm running on Monday evening 1 Feb 2021. It's aimed at leaders and any interested members of my church St Augustine's Neutral Bay and Church by the Bridge Kirribilli. Anyone is welcome to watch the livestream.
- What’s wrong with the world? Is there hope? (Ephesians)January 17, 2021Guilt, weakness, spiritual slavery, prejudice, arrogance, tribalism, conflict, war, victimhood, persecution, pain, suffering, futility, ignorance, lying, deceit, anger, theft, greed, pornography, sexual sin, darkness, fear, drunkenness, substance abuse, domestic abuse, workplace abuse, spiritual powers... In Paul's letter to the Ephesians, he says many things about the problems we face in this world. He also gives us wonderful reasons to find life, hope and healing in Jesus Christ. Along the way, he provides practical teachings about how to respond and live together.
- What does Ephesians say about reconciliation?January 12, 2021We humans are not very good at living up close with others. This is especially true when we have a history of conflict with those others. Reconciliation isn't easy. No matter how much you might want healing, it’s hardly ever a matter of just everybody getting on and pretending the hurts didn’t happen. In Paul's letter to the Ephesians, he says some very important, fundamental things about peace and reconciliation, and gives many other very practical teachings about how to live together in light of these truths.
- Lift Your Eyes – How it worksDecember 21, 2020Lift Your Eyes: Reflections on Ephesians. Here's a video where I explain how the free online resource works.
- Review: The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self by Carl TruemanDecember 14, 2020I need to understand the people around me, so I can live for the gospel among them and speak the gospel to them. To do that, I need to understand the people around me. That's where Carl Trueman's book is so incredibly valuable.
- What does Ephesians say about church?December 13, 2020There are so many ideas about what the church is should be. How do we navigate them all? Here are ten key reflections from Ephesians.
- Supersessionism and the New PerspectiveDecember 2, 2020Here are my views on the issue of the New Perspective and Supersessionism, in light of a debate in the Harvard Theological Review.
- The powerful Christian life: according to EphesiansNovember 25, 2020What do we do when we feel weak in the face of powerful people? Here are seven key reflections on power from Ephesians.
- Liturgy Song – Moore College Revue 2020November 23, 2020Here's a tribute to our online chapel experience in mid-2020 at Moore College, in the full spirit of parody. I wrote it for our Moore College Revue, and had much fun performing it with Jordan Smith and Monique New.
On this site
1 Corinthians 1 Timothy Acovenantalism Series Atonement Bible talks Biblical theology Christian living Church Church History Covenant covid-19 Creation Death Environment Ephesians Epistemology Eschatology Ethics Evangelism Faith Forgiveness Galatians General Genesis GoThereFor Greek Isaiah Jewish Identity Justification Law LiftYourEyes Ministry Mission Moore College Paul Paul and the Vocation of Israel Psalms Revelation Romans Sexuality Speech and Salvation Spirit Sustainable Sacrifice Wisdom wordworks-isaiah